Saturday 27 February 2010



I have just given a Creatures workshop to a lovely class of 10/11 year olds at Tibberton Primary School in Shropshire. Their teacher had found my book and got the children interested in my methods. They raised the money for the cost of the workshop by various fund-raising activities in the school and the local community. This touched me more than I can say.
Their teacher had ordered the wool and great excitement was generated as they opened the bags and the coloured wool fell out. They worked very hard and gave up half their lunch break, and although they didn't have time to wet felt their creatures (that will be done with the help of their teachers) they managed to create the most wonderful bunch of whimsical birds that they call the Tweetures. Here is a picture of the work in progress and one of the final line up.
Hope you all like them.

No comments:

Post a Comment